(Edinburgh, United Kingdom, 1956)
Gary Morga studied silversmithing and metalwork at Camberwell School of Arts and Crafts, London and at Glasgow School of Art. After completing his studies, Morga was awarded the Lord Haldane Scholarship. In 1988, Barbara Radice invited him to submit designs for the Memphis “Luici Lights” exhibition, to be held later that year. His design for a floor lamp, Nastro, was chosen for inclusion in the exhibition. It was to be the last exhibition of the Memphis Milano Group. As a lecturer in design at several colleges and universities in the UK, he refined a language-oriented methodology for synthesizing postmodern design. This culminated in a project, Sils Maria acquired by the National Museum of Scotland in Edinburgh and becoming a part of the national collection.